8 January 2016

7 reasons why freelancing as a student is a good idea

During my short 20 years of life, I've experienced and worked in various workplace situations. I've tried working in food, fashion retail, with kids at a bowling alley and arcade, and you can't forget to add the 9 to 5 office job into the mix.

I'm all for doing things that make you happy, and being stuck in a job that doesn't motivate me every day isn't something that I would want put myself through. 

Overtime, I discovered that I couldn't see myself in a retail or food workplace environment, working with kids just wasn't my thing and, although I enjoyed working an office job, working 9am to 5pm obviously wasn't convenient for me being a student.



I began blogging when I finished High School and I've always found it enjoyable and exciting. So, at the end of 2014, I was lucky enough to be taken on board by a fabulous fashion company from all the way from California as their site Blogger. More recently, I decided to become a writer for a student life website

It's all very exciting. Still.

It's also all worked out really well for me being a full-time student. So, if you're in the same boat, here's a few words to convince you that being a freelancer is hands down awesome.

1. Your office can be anywhere
One day it could be your bedroom or at your mates apartment; the next day you could make the train your office while on your way to Uni. 

2. You work your own hours
Working on your own watch is just great - just as long you reach your deadlines of course! 

3. No need to worry about what you wear to work
If you decide that you're just going to working from home today, there's no need to decide whether your outfit is workplace appropriate. You could work in your PJs all day if you wanted. 


4. Say hello to free time
You always hear your friends complaining about working 8 hour shifts too often, but as a freelancer, you don't work on those kind of timetables. Say hello to all that extra time that you can have for completing assignments or studying. 


5. You practice organisation. And you get good at it.
When you're working to a deadline, you get used to managing your time well and that is an awesome skill to have in all life situations. 


6. Don't worry about punctuality
You can't be late to work when you're a freelancer. It's the best knowing that you can work around your classes so that you can prioritise your student life.


7. You earn money for something you enjoy doing
If your freelance job stemmed from a hobby of yours, then you're lucky as hell. Getting paid to do something you enjoy doing is just too cool.



All about that #studentlyf? Click here for posts you'll love.

SOCIAL MEDIA 
Twitter | Instagram | Snapchat
Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment