31 January 2015

Things I wish I knew in High School


High School is a pretty big deal. You come straight out of being a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond, and it's very, very scary. When I was in school, I asked people if they would re-live their high school days and they always answered with "If I knew what I know now." I never knew what they were talking about until I finished High School, so here are the things I wish I knew in High School.

  • Cherish your first day and soak up the experience
  • Sometimes you'll have fights with people you least expect to fight with
  • Year 7 doesn't matter
  • It's not a scary thing to ask for help
  • Wearing hair extensions to school is never a good idea
  • Never let the bully beat you
  • Do not chase after someone who you can't have
  • Speak up for yourself
  • Don't take things too seriously
  • Laugh more
  • Bring more glue sticks on first days
  • Sometimes you lose a friend or two along the way
  • Get your priorities right
  • Don't be so fake
  • Practice makes perfect 
  • Try not to procrastinate when you're a Senior Student
  • Participate more
  • Bottling up your emotions does you no good
  • It's okay to not know what to do after School
  • Cliques are childish
  • Look after yourself physically and mentally
  • Good, clean and comfortable shoes are everything
  • Appreciate how much time you have for everything - friends, assignments, helpful teachers
  • Don't be so embarrassed
  • Rebel sometimes
  • Good organisation skills will get you far
  • When you feel like giving up, don't




Follow me on twitter!     Instagram: @wordsbyfemme

Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment