26 June 2014

Cosmo Cosmetics haul

Yesterday my best friend and I made our way into the city to catch up and hang out. We were walking along George Street in Sydney when we noticed a shop called Cosmo Cosmetics. I didn't think much of it because I've never previously heard of it and it just looked like a generic beauty store with no name brands. We decided to walk in and we straight away took note of the $4.95 Revlon nail varnishes. I walked further into the store and saw that they stocked brands like Revlon, Almay, Jordana, Smashbox, Estee Lauder, even MAC, Nars and Bobbi Brown! So at this point, we were both overwhelmed because everything that was available to us and at such cheap, cheap prices!

I honestly could have spent hundreds of dollars in that one store and I could've spent hours and hours swatching different products and squealing over different things, but I stayed calm and here's what I ended up buying...


Zebra in a Basket Lip Gloss $3.95

When I picked this up I think I was too excited about the packaging that I didn't look at the actual gloss itself, so when I got home and opened it up, I was pretty disappointed that the product had glitter in. It's a really, really cute pot for a lip product, so I might be emptying the product that's inside and fill it with some Lucas Paw Paw Ointment.


Brow/Eye Powder in Auburn by Jordana $1.25

I've been wanting some Jordana products for the longest time now, so when I saw these little brow/eye shadow pots at such a low price, I had to get one! At the store this also came in a blue, yellow and pink, but as I don't usually wear eyeshadow, I thought this was a nice neutral colour to start off with. I've swatched this on my hand for your visual pleasure :)



Photo Finish Lipstick in Magnetic by Smashbox $7.95

I've heard so much about this brand Smashbox lately and so I wanted to see what all the hype is all about. I decided to pick up a Smashbox lipstick and I've already worn it out and I love it! The shade that I picked up is a perfect nude with a little bit of shimmer and it glides onto your lips perfectly. It makes your lips look extremely moisturised and it lasts for hours when paired with a good lip liner!



The Fab Pore Facial Peel by Soap & Glory $14.95

My trusty Papaya Face Peeling Gel has just run out and it's extremely difficult to get my hands on another bottle of it at a reasonable price while in Australia, so I decided to go on a hunt for a good face scrub. While in Cosmo Cosmetics, I found this and quickly grabbed it because I'm a sucker for anything Soap & Glory. I've already used it once and it doesn't exfoliate the way I wanted it to, but it does feel refreshing on the skin and I'm excited to see how I get on with it!

That's all I got from the amazing Cosmo Cosmetics, although I'll definitely be back to go crazier. If any of you are able to make your way into Sydney, pay Cosmo Cosmetics a visit - it's on George Street and just around the corner of Topshop. Thanks for reading my words!



No comments:

Post a Comment