6 April 2014

March Favourites!

Guys, I'm skipping the March playlist and instead, I've decided to bring back the 'favourites of the month' post, seeing as my last one was made in October. Never fear, this post will still feature some of my favourite music of this month along with beauty products, accessories and food!


+


Chi Chi Exotic & Erotic Eye Palette 
Gloss Professional Small Angled Brush
These are my new makeup essentials that help me to achieve the perfect brow. Previously I didn't spend any time at all on filling in my brows, but now a face of makeup isn't complete until I fill my brows. I use the darkest shade (far right) in the Eye Palette and my trusty Angled brush from Gloss and finish the look off by brushing through the brows with a spooley and brow gel, then a bit of a light shade (fourth from the left) under the arch of my brow. 


 
An hours trip to Bondi Junction Dangerfield was definitely worth it for this eight dollar stick of magic - you've probably already read my previous haul where I rave on about this Barry M Lip Paint, but it's necessary. The colour is perfect and I personally think that it's a shade that will compliment any skin tone, where it's a shade of pink that it's too dark and has the perfect level of vibrancy. The BYS Liquid Lipstick has been on of my favourite products since the start of the year because it was one of the only lip products with colour that I brought on my holiday. I ended up using it nearly everyday overseas and it's just a really good quality product to just put on as part of your makeup routine and chuck in your bag for the rest of the day. A similar product that I just recently bought is FOA's Lip Crayon in Sundae. Because it's quite sheer, you can apply as much as you want for a shade that compliments you. This has been my go-to Uni lip product because it's a nude colour that isn't too subtle or too in your face.


 
Another product I've already raved on about in a previous post. I've seen so many other bloggers give positive reviews on this product and I am yet to read just one a negative review. This water-based product brings a makeup remover,  a deep cleanser and toner all into one formula and into a monstrous 400ml bottle, giving you 200 uses! You can't go wrong!

 
I have quite sensitive skin and my face is blotchy in some areas, so any good coverage helps me out a lot. I thought that a colour correcting cream was worth a shot and so I picked up this one by Australis during Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale and my problem now is that I can't decide what is better - BB cream or CC cream. This product works wonders - a little blob of this stuff covers the skin quite well and athough I was hesitant on what shade I should get, the Dark Natural blends into my natural skin easily.


 
 I've had this colour painted on my nails for a good week now and they're still going strong! This is a quality nail varnish for such a tiny price of $2.75, where the consistency isn't too transparent or too thick. I can't decide whether its thick brush is a good thing or a bad thing, because it does cover most of your nail, but it doesn't allow for you to paint the little spots that you may have missed. Other than that, this is a perfect product if you're just starting out your nail polish collection or letting yours grow.

 
Gold Chain Watch from Diva
Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses
I've had this watch for about a year now and I rarely ever used it until I re-discovered it this month. It's been a go-to accessory for every time I go out of the house and I think it adds a bit of sophistication to any outfit, no matter how casual you decide to go! Same goes with these Cat Eye Sunglasses I received from my Mum from the 90's - the gold detail makes your outfit look very classy and looks super rad when worn with a deep red lipstick! 

 
I discovered these snacks by complete accident - I found a bunch of these in my pantry and whilst in a rush to get out of the house for Uni I needed to take something to eat so I quickly grabbed a few packets of these. I find that they're just really convenient to just grab and shove in your bag and eat while you're on the go. As you can see in the photo above, they come in a packet of four, so they're quite filling and a healthy alternative if you usually go for a cheeky chocolate snack! They have loads of benefits, come in a huge variety of flavours and you should go and pick some up from your local Woolworths! My personal favourites are Cranberry and Milk & Cereals :)

 Keeping Up With The Kardashians
This is such a strange Television show to really get into for me; I don't ever like reality TV, but I decided to watch the two episodes of this that was available on my flight in January and I was hooked. I'm not sure what it is that keeps me wanting to watch more, but I actually love this show, so much that I've been keeping up with the Kardashians more than I've been keeping up with my regular weekly TV shows.

Moving on to my favourite music of this month! There's a few songs and artists that I'll be writing about, so keep reading if you want to find out what I have been listening to in the month of March!

SONG Bed Peace - Jhené Aiko ft. Childish Gambino (x)
Ahhh this song has been my absolute favourite in the month of March! I've listened to it at least 10 times a day since I first heard it. It's got a really relaxed and feel good beat that you could honestly listen to for the next ten years and the two voices of Jhené Aiko and Gambino work so well together!

ARTIST Childish Gambino
I feel like this season of Community is missing such an essential character from the show, so I decided to start to get into what Donald Glover actually left the show for... Childish Gambino aka Glover's music career. I don't listen to many male rappers, actually, none at all, but Childish Gambino has a certain appeal to me. I can't really put my finger on it, but his music has the perfect level of weird, mixed with the perfect level of references to pop culture and his own life; bring that all together with Gambino's sick beats and there's the appeal.

ARTIST King Krule
I was introduced to this 19-year-old artist a few months ago by a friend who I always go to for new music to listen to (I'm so jealous of how good his taste in music is). I listened to King Krule for a while at the time, but I re-discovered him this month when I learnt that I missed his headlining shows in Sydney, which is so, so unfortunate. He's such a unique artist and I hope you guys check his stuff out!

SONG & VIDEO Fancy - Iggy Azalea (x)
Australia's favourite bad bitch, Iggy Azalea released a new song and video at the start of March and it's been a favourite of mine for the entire month! The video is inspired by the movie Clueless, which I haven't seen (oops) but Director X has captured some iconic Clueless frames that even I recognise. The song has a beat that you would want to be played while you strut down your high school hallway and is one of Iggy's best tracks! Go listen to it and watch the video right now!

+

Sorry for my delayed upload of my March favourites and I hope you still enjoyed what I've been enjoying for the past month! I would love it if you posted a comment on what your favourite thing was last month, whether it be a beauty product, a fashion piece, a song, anything! I'd love to hear from you guys! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr for frequent updates! Thanks for reading my words, big love x




No comments:

Post a Comment