23 March 2014

HUGE Collective Beauty Haul!

Over the past few weeks I've accumulated a few beauty products that I've been meaning to share with you guys because most of them are new-ish products that I highly recommend. I've decided to write a little review on each product to assist you if you're on the fence about buying the product, so if you happen to find any of these products at a store near you, pick it up, try it out and tell me what you think!

~ ~ ~

A few weeks ago, Priceline had one of their biggest sales ever, offering 40% off all cosmetics. This sale ran for 4 days in store and online. Here's what I was able to pick up!

Face Of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon in Sundae | Priceline | Was $7.95 Bought for $4.77
I've been looking for the perfect lip product to wear to Uni everyday and this is it. It's the perfect mix of a nude and brown colour, and since it's a sheer gloss, you can apply as little or as much as you want for a light or a darker shade. Paired with a good nude lip liner, this will last for about 3 hours, but it's so easy to re-apply!

This is the second time I've bought this product - after finishing my first bottle, I went to Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula because I heard good things about it, but it didn't do what I hoped and went straight back to this product. At such a low price, it visibly smooths skins in just one week.

 Australis CC Cream in Dark Natural | Priceline | Was $12.95 Bought for $7.77
I've probably worn this every day since I bought it. It delivers everything that it offers - "Not only does it even skin tone and controls colour, it moisturises, brightens, provides UV protection and the soft matte formula controls oil."

 Maybelline Fit Me! Pressed Powder in 230 Natural Buff | Priceline | Was $14.95 Bought for $8.97
I needed a new pressed powder and I remember Sam from Beauty Crush talking about this particular one. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm hoping it's as good as people make it out to be!

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in No. 52 Light Beige | Priceline | Was $29 Bought for $17.40
Again, I haven't used this because I actually bought it as a gift for my Mum. I went for this particular foundation because it was featured in a video by Zoe from Zoella, and it promises a "Luminous & flawless complexion in any light."  

 Essence Colour & Go in 146 That's What I Mint! | Priceline | Was $2.75 Bought for $1.65
For such a tiny price, this nail varnish glides on easily with its probably too big brush and dries within a minute or two. On application, two coats is fine and it's definitely not too streaky. I was inspired to get this colour because one of my friends at Uni was rocking a pastel green colour on her nails and I thought it looked so fresh!

+

K-Mart Australia have recently come out with a new range of beauty products, featuring their own line of makeup, shower gels, face masks and creams and so much more! I picked out a few products to try and report back to you guys. If you live near a K-Mart, definitely go in store and check out what they have to offer - these products can't be bought online!

(L-R) 
Purifying Mud Mask with Strawberry | K-Mart | $5.00
Not much of a 'mud mask' but more of a cleanser. It claims to rebalance oily to combination skin, which I think it successfully does. It's pleasant strawberry scent makes it enjoyable to apply to give your face a deep clean.
Sweet Melon Fragranced Body Lotion | K-Mart | $3.00
This is a surprisingly good lotion for such a tiny price. With a blob of this product on your hands and arms, it keeps it noticeably moisturised for about 2-3 hours before you need to re-apply. It doesn't give you that sticky feeling and absorbs into your skin with ease. As for the fragrance, it's not a melon scent, but almost a strawberry medicine smell.
Oil Free 24H Cream with Tea Tree SPF | K-Mart | $5.00
As directed, I use this cream after the Purifying Mud Mask and I find that it works quite well in reducing the oil on my skin. Just a small blob of this product will go a long way, which means that this tube will last a good few months!

Lip Crayon in Balm 042 | K-Mart | $5.00
This Lip Crayon is described as a Lasting Colour Tinted Balm, which I think is correct. I use this product without a lip liner as a base and it still lasts the entire day without bleed, with only one or two re-applications. As for the colour, it's super pigmented and whatever colour the crayon is, that's the colour that will appear on your lips.

Pastel Nail Polish in Nude Pumps | K-Mart | $3.00
I was really disappointed by this nail varnish for a few reasons. First of all, the only words that I can think of to describe its consistency is grainy and thick, which is never a good thing. Since it's thick, you would imagine that one coat would be alright? Nope - it goes on very transparent, so two coats of the thick and grainy varnish has to be applied. It doesn't dry quick and so it smudges quite easily. It only lasts for 2 or 3 days and it's so unfortunate because look how lovely the colour is!

+

The last few items are just some random buys that I've picked up and tried aver the past few weeks!

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Woolworths |  $8.37
I've only used this product twice and I already love it! It's everything that every girl needs in a beauty product. This product removes makeup, cleanses, soothes AND you don't even need to rinse you face, just pour some of this stuff onto a makeup pad, gently rub it all over your face and your good to go. It doesn't make your skin feel dry afterwards, even though it's a cleansing water.

Inglot AMC Lip Gloss in 541 | Inglot | $28.00
I saw a photo of a model wearing this gloss and I decided it was the coolest product that I have ever seen. So after doing some online browsing, I wasn't going to spend nearly $40 on the one product and decided to make my way to Bondi Junction just to visit the Inglot pop-up at Westfield. My salesperson Kelli had such an interesting face of makeup on and was so nice and helpful and let me swatch the other AMC glosses before I decided on the 541. I haven't tried it on top of a dark shade lipstick, but I have tried it by itself and over a nude lipstick. The blue oil slick effect only comes out noticeable if a lot is applied to a nude lip.

K-Mart started to stock E.L.F products a few weeks ago, which is super exciting. I've only picked this product up so far, but I'll definitely be going back to get more. I love this product, especially because I've recently discovered the importance of filling in your eyebrows. As you can tell, I can't stop using the eyebrow gel because it's that good. I can't complain about the clear mascara, although I suggest you use an eyelash curler before hand.
This works wonders, seeing as I own the worst eye bags and dark circles on Earth. A little bit of this product covers up or blends in with my natural skin colour, essentially hiding my dark circles and the fact that I only get 5 hours of sleep every night!

As soon as I saw this bottle of beauty in store, I knew I had to have it on my nails, in fact, I'm wearing it right now. It goes on a metallic and almost petrol slick blue-ish green, which doesn't sound that pretty, but actually is - I received a compliment from a man. It goes on without a flaw and lasts just over a week! As for the scented feature, sure it's scented for the first day you have it on, then it just turns into a normal nail varnish.

Whilst at Dangerfield Bondi Junction, I was just about to walk out when I noticed a stand of Barry M cosmetics by the front counter. I've heard about this London based brand from a variety of beauty gurus and thought I should try it out. I went for a lipstick in a deep pink colour and I've used it once with a lip liner. I was so impressed - this product will stay on your lips for the entire day, even through excessive talking, laughing, eating and drinking. Hands down, I would go back into the city to get more and if you're from Sydney, definitely go into a Dangerfield closest to you and purchase some Barry M!

~ ~ ~

I hope you liked this haul that I've been meaning to post up for you all and sorry it took so long! I urge you all to try out any of these products and tell me how you liked or didn't like them. As always, you can contact me via Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr or my contact form on the right side of this page. Also, don't forget to get your entry in to win $100 worth of Boohoo vouchers - all details can be found here
Big love x





2 comments:

  1. I just picked up a Barry M lipstick off ASOS that applies green and then turns a shade of pink according to the alkaline of your lips...or somethin? Anyhoo, great novelty value if nothing else. But good to know there's a local stockist if I do end up liking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually seen that on ASOS! Let me know if you end up liking it and yeah it was a pleasant surprise to see Barry M in Australia x

      Delete